1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media center video Playback

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kyeair, Mar 21, 2005.

1. kyeair

kyeair Member

I use dvd shrink to back up my movies on my hard drive evry media player on my computer can read the files that shink generates right from the hard drive is there any way to read the video files in windows media center without converting to other formats please respond anyone if you have figured this out kyeair@yahoo.com

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

What is the exact error you get when you try to play in Media player. Also need to know the second error after you hit ok.

-Del

3. kyeair

kyeair Member

there is no error it does not even see anything in the files it thinks its empty i could convert the movies but I have way to many for that plus it takes to darn long if you have windows media center you know exactly what im talking about right?

4. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

I rip the Movies to the HD with AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 or in your case Shrink then Download this Program from the link
    http://www.binnerup.dk/mce/mymovies.htm
    Then put them in the My Movies Folder and goto Edit Collection it will add all the info about the Title you ripped and place a Picture of the Cover then when thats done you should be able to just click on the Cover picture and it will Play just fine
    Works GREAT for me with MCE 2005
    Enjoy:)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2005
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

also kyeair dont put your email addy in your post against forum rules and it just not a good idea you might get spammed doing it

6. kyeair

kyeair Member

Thanks dud I will try it I hope it works your a life saver

7. kyeair

kyeair Member

It wont play the movie without a program called theatertek dvd did you have the saME PROBLEM WHAT DO I DO TO GET AROUND THAT iM NOT BUYING THAT ITS 70 BUCKS THERE HAS GOT TO BE ANOTHER WAY

8. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

You dont have to have Theater Tek for it to work thats just another option you can use for playback
    What software decoder do you have ?
    It sounds like you either dont have one or something is not installed right
    Try this
    http://nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  9. kyeair

kyeair Member

I PURCHASED NVIDIDA DECODER AND STILL KNOW VIDEO WHEN I GO INTO THE MEDIA CENTER IT JUAT KEEP SAYINNNNG UNABLE TO PLAY VIDEO IT ACTS LIKE ITS GOING TO START BUT THEN IT DOES NOT START ANY OTHER IDEA OR DECODERS THAT WORK SORY TO BE A BOTHER BUT SIMPLY HAVE TO GET THIS TO WORK

10. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Ok its not that then
    What are the specs on your machine ?
    Very curious to see what type of Cards your running
    Also are you running NVDVD made by Nvidia by chance?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  11. kyeair

kyeair Member

i HAVE 1.6 ATHLON CPU 512RAM 400GIGS OF HD SPACE VIDEO CARD IS A ATI 9250 AGP CARD 256RAM. i HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS FOR CARD AND YES IM RUNNING NDVD SOFTWARE

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kyeair cool the caps bro. we can here you..please.

13. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

kyeair Posted
    i HAVE 1.6 ATHLON CPU 512RAM 400GIGS OF HD SPACE VIDEO CARD IS A ATI 9250 AGP CARD 256RAM. i HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS FOR CARD AND YES IM RUNNING NDVD SOFTWARE
    Ok from what I see from your specs
    1 Your Video card is not on the Supported hardware list
    2 You dont have a TV Tuner card listed MCE has to have a Tuner card with a Hardware Decoder any of the Hauppague Cards will do just fine Im using the MCE 150 costs about 70 Bucks or so. NVidia ATI and Avermedia also make cards the will work
    3 You cant run NVDVD and the Nvidia decoders in tandem they have conflicts with each other and NVDVD has an older decoder
    This link will help you find Supported Hardware and Decoders for MCE 2005
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/partners/dfw/partnerlisting.mspx
    I would suggest the Nvidia 6600GT if you plan on Playing any HD content its on the list
    Hope this helps
    :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  14. kyeair

kyeair Member

does anyone in this chat use dvd shrink if so how can i play those files in media center 2005 please be very desriptive i have tried many differnt ways none have worked microsoft didnt even know what i was talking about please help