1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Center

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by Dudley316, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Dudley316

Dudley316 Member

I will firstly admit that I have not messed around with ratDVD too much... yet. However, I was wondering... I have Windows XP Media Center Edition, and I was wondering if there was a way to get ratDVD files to play within Media Center? Or if there is even a possibility of this happening in the future? I just think that would be a really great addition, if possible, because then I could sit back with my remote and go through all my movies without having to navigate my folders and double-click the file and all that. Also, then I could archive all my DVDs on the computer, just as I have with my CDs and full access to everything from the remote. Any thoughts?

2. GenChaos

GenChaos Member

I am not totally familiar with MCE as I decided to go the GB-PVR route (www.gbpvr.com check it out!) I'm assuming that MCE would just use Windows Media Player to listen/watch files.

So in theory, all you would have to do is make sure WMP(10) is set as your default reader of .ratDVD files and you will be all set.

The only thing that I could see as being a potential problem is that the remote may not work with the menus within WMP. I personally plan to archive my backups on DVD, and keep just the movie of some of my favorites on the HDD for quick (read: lazy) access.

Also, some basic functions like skipping to the next chapter probably won't work, as I have yet to be able to fast forward in a .ratDVD movie without it crashing :(

3. arisia

arisia Member

You can play them back in Media Player but not in the "full screen" mode.

Quote form the ratdvd site:

So, hopefully this comes in the next version...

4. fatray

fatray Member

I can play ratdvd files in my Media Center PC, but with problems.
    ratDVD 0.7.1239 & converted "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" season series.

Remote control will not work correctly within the title menue.
    Once the ratdvd file is started within the Media Center program, I can not exit out of the file unless I use CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    Once the RatDVD file is playing the file I cannot go back to the title menue.

5. arisia

arisia Member

Works fine for me. What MCE version do you use? What configuration?