1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media help!?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by malavik, May 6, 2007.

1. malavik

malavik Member

my windows media player recently lost my library, it is still there just the media player doesnt find it anymore. i can play songs one-whatever at a time, but when i close the media player it forgets where the songs are, so all my music is still there media player cant find it seems like, i use media player because it syncs directly to the xbox, but my problem is nothing is showing up anymore. Help?

2. djsound

djsound Member

You need to make sure 2 options are selected.

In media player go to tools, select options, select the players tab and make sure the "add music files to media player when played" is checked. Next go to the privacy tab and make sure the "save file and URL history in the player" is selected.

3. malavik

malavik Member

it is checked i have tried that already, if i roll back to windows media 10 it works fine, but when i update to 11 it doesnt work, i use windows media for my xbox so i would like to have it working, any other ideas?

4. djsound

djsound Member

Here I hope this helps. I got this from Microsoft.

Error when setting up Xbox 360 software after Windows Media Player 11 has been installed on your computer
    You might receive an error message notifying you that an error occurred when attempting to authorize your Xbox 360 for use with Windows Media Connect or that an error occurred while installing the Windows Media Connect software. This happens if you try to set up the Xbox 360 Setup software from the Xbox 360 Web site (http://www.xbox.com/pcsetup) after installing Windows Media Player 11 on a computer that is running Windows XP Home or Professional edition.

If you encounter this error, perform the following procedure.
    In Xbox 360 Setup, click Cancel.
    To share media, start Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP, and use the Player to share media.
    For more information about setting up and sharing media using Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP, see the Windows Media Player Help topic titled "Sharing your media".

If an error occurs when trying to install Xbox 360 Setup software on a computer that is running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, perform the following procedure.
    In Xbox 360 Setup, click Next to continue, and then click Finish.
    To share media, start Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP, and use the Player to share media.
    For more information about setting up and sharing media using Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP, see the Windows Media Player Help topic titled "Sharing your media".
    Cannot play music using a digital media receiver after installing Windows Media Player 11
    You might not be able to play music from your Library if you are using a digital media receiver with Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. This issue might occur if music files in your Library are not stored in a monitored folder when you upgrade from Windows Media Player 10 to Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP.

Digital media files must be in stored in monitored folders for media sharing to work properly in Windows Media Player 11. This helps to ensure that your Library and shared media are up-to-date if digital media files are deleted, changed, or moved on your computer.

To share media, perform the following steps:
    Do one of the following:
    If a Media Sharing dialog box appears after Windows Media Player 11 is first installed that notifies you that media sharing in not running, click OK, and then go to step 2.
    If the Media Sharing dialog box does not display, skip to step 3.
    In the second Media Sharing dialog box that displays, clear the Share my media check box, and then click OK.
    Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Add to Library.
    Click My personal folders, click Advanced Options, and then click Add.
    In the Add Folder dialog box, click the folder that contains digital media files that you want Windows Media Player to monitor, and then click OK.
    In the Add To Library dialog box, click OK.
    In the Add to Library by Searching Computer dialog box, click Close after search has completed.
    Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
    In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media to check box, and then click OK.
    In the list of devices, select the device to which you want to share your media, click Allow, and then click OK.
    Make sure that your digital media receiver is properly connected to your computer and home network, and then try to play music using your digital media receiver.

For more information about sharing media using Windows Media Player 11, see the topic "Sharing your media" in Windows Media Player Help.

5. djsound

djsound Member

Also try this!

"Shut off the 360. Go to start, run, then type services.msc. When that pops up go to the bottom and pick windows media network sharing and stop that. Close the window. Go to my computer then go to tools at the top and folder options. From there hit the view tab and select the show hidden files and folders and about 2 spaces under that is something about hiding system files. Un-check both of these. When you click the second one it will ask you if you are sure and say yes. Then get out of that and go to c drive, docs and settings, all users, then under that there should be the DRM folder. In that folder delete everything. After that go back to the tools folder options view thing and put back the two checks that you took off. Go back to servies.msc and start back up the windows media sharing thing. Then turn back on your 360 and it should work."

NOTE: It is your system and your responsibility for using this information. Be careful with what you do if you are unfamiliar with these instructions.