1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player 10 burn disc... thing

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jc3512, Mar 13, 2010.

1. jc3512

jc3512 Member

So, I haven't had any problems before, but now I just don't know what's happening. Let's say I take a few songs and try to burn them onto a blank Memorex CD-R disc. Once all files were burned to the disc, I could listen to it anywhere. But now, I can't unless the radio/CD player has the MP3 capability. On my old boombox, it skips the songs, until it just stops. But when I put the CD onto a computer or my dad's CD player, it works fine. How can I make it work everywhere else?

Is it because my files are in .mp3 and no .wma?

I'm in Windows XP SP3, by the way.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

It sounds like the setting on Windows Media Player got changed from burning an audio cd to burning a data cd. You just have to figure out how to change it back. I'm looking at version 11, I'm not sure how similar version 10 is.

In 11 you click on the burn arrow pointing down on the burn tab. A menu pops up and then you want to select audio cd.

Audio cd will automatically convert all the music files and create the proper indexing to play on most cd players. Data cds just make a normal data cd it just has music on it. Most older cd players will not play mp3 or wma.