1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player files to DVDR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ltastro, Sep 10, 2004.

1. ltastro

ltastro Member

Hi, i've got some of my home movies saved in windows media player files, and i want too change them into dvdr format so i can play them on my home dvd player. I was wondering if this was at all possible, the files i want too put on are mpeg but appear as windows media player files, i tried copying one onto a dvd and put it in the dvd player but it just would not loads anything, i read some articles and it plays fine on my pc but not on my dvd player.

Hope someone can tell me how to turn these into dvdr or a format which plays on a dvd players

p.s - i have a dvd+ recorder

2. ltastro

ltastro Member

also is it possible to burn multiple videos on to a dvdr disk because my movies are only small clips

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you need some dvd authoring software to do this. i have several programs i use, but one of the most versatile and easy to use programs in your case would probably be Nerovision Express. If you have Nero, it's one of the programs bundled with it. it goes through, step by step, letting you create menus and add as many movies or files as will fit on one dvd. if it doesn't work for you, though, i'm sure someone will mention some better programs for you. good luck, and (in case no one's told you) welcome to the forum. happy hunting! :)

4. ltastro

ltastro Member

thankyou, i have that software somewhere, i'll look through it, newb that i am i thought that was just for cd-rw's

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, that's what i thought at first, too, before i got into the video editing and burning i do on a very regular basis now. but this forum is a wonderful place to learn. for the most part, everyone is helpful and treats you very well. if it wasn't for the 10 years of home videos my dad wanted turned to dvd, i'd have never even found this place! it was quite the lucky find.

6. kcbabe

kcbabe Member

hi i downloaded the OC episodeds onto my computer and into windows media player now i want to put them onto DVD-R but it wont let me i have Nero but i still cant figure it out im not really that experienced so i could use sum advice.... thanks

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if you have the full version of Nero 6, open Smart Start and select the dvd tab. Open the "edit video" option. that starts Nero Recode, which will allow you to select your files, edit them, build a menu, and then burn them. it's basically a walk-through process, and there are guides on this forum that can help you with that.

8. kcbabe

kcbabe Member

ok i went in right and it doesnt have the edit thing but it has make a dvd video so i went in that but when it asks me to add the files i cant find them ther not in the windows media player files its empty thanks for ur help is greatly appreciated

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it won't be in your windows media player files. they'll be wherever you downloaded them to on your computer, probably on your desktop, in your Documents, or somewhere on the C drive. you can right click on the files in the Media Player to find the location of the files. those locations you open with Nero. Good luck.

10. kcbabe

kcbabe Member

ok i found wer the files are i downloaded them from ares lite thers nothing in dvd/video files u have to go into all files first, but wen u click on them it says "no compatible files found" is ther n e way i can change them so they will go onto disc thanks for helping
    kasey xxx

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

okay, well you can try TMPGEnc. you can find it under the Video Encoders in the Software part of this forum, and it comes with a 30 day free trial. it should encode anything you have into dvd-compliant mpeg-2. when you get that far, i'll find something to burn that with. there's a whole line of downloads here that can help. good luck.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]if only i was half wolf...
    [​IMG]
    Antec SOHO II Server Case w/ 400w psu
    AMD Athlon 2600+ & Seagate 80GB HDD
    Windows XP and a few other goodies[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  12. kcbabe

kcbabe Member

hey i downloaded the TMPGEnc but know i have absolutely no idea how to work it ive tried doing the dvd agen but yeh still not working im gona give up soon just wana try this last thng thanks for ur help is greatly appreciated

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm...this is weird. i think it's time we place a call to one of AD's masters of video encoding. someone like ScubaPete. Where are you Pete?!?!?!?! save us! :)