1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player - Full Screen Weirdness

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by wsorrells, Jul 10, 2007.

1. wsorrells

wsorrells Member

I am so glad I found this site! A friend of mine recommended it and sometimes I just can't figure out what to do =) so on to the problem.

I have WMP 11 installed with K-Lite 2.54 Full installed and Divx 6.0 installed. I have not had any problems with it until yesterday when I was given a game to play. I was playing it when a friend sent me a message on AIM and I hit Alt/Tab to switch to the IM. I think that was the problem, because now in WMP I can play my videos in normal screen, but if I switch to full screen, I just get the blank square though I can still hear the soundtrack. Also, the menus, either in full or in normal size are see through. I can actually see the video playing. Also I can see the video playing if I have WMP running with Internet Explorer running at the same time over it.

To make sure it wasn't the codecs being ruined, I've uninstalled both codecs sets and rolled back WMP to WMP 9. Then I rebooted and reinstalled WMP 11 and both codecs. The problem is still there. Any ideas? I also use VLC, but prefer WMP. No huge loss, but I have a fondness for Critter Rock and My Tornado is Resting.

2. wsorrells

wsorrells Member

Sorry - forgot to add that visualizations still work in full mode. Movie clips that I have downloaded from the net work in full mode as well. It seems to be only dvds that won't go to full mode. Sorry for not having that in my first post. Hope this helps.