1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows media player problem!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by BigGow, Nov 1, 2003.

1. BigGow

BigGow Guest

Help!!!!
    When I download/play a video file using windows media player and try to save it to my hard drive it doesnt work.(Doesnt save to hard drive)

I click on save as and make sure the correct place to save it to is selected.I then click to save it and everything seems to go ok - the green bar fills up as usual( very quickly tho) but when i go to play the files they are not saved on my hard drive.

I have not had any problems before.

Can anyone help please.
    Many thanks
    BigGow

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you talking about saveing Streaming Files??? Well they Can not be Saved that way, You need a Program Like "Windows Media Stream Recorder", you can download on the Net for free, you should do a Google search and you will Find it...What you do is when you start playing the file in Media Player go to "File" to "Properties" and you will see the URL that you are watching the File from, now Copy the URL and Paste it into Windows Media Stream Recorder and Press record and it will record the File to your Hard drive....Cheers

3. BigGow

BigGow Guest

No I dont mean streaming files - thanks for replying anyway.

Cheers Chris.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well how do you Download Files useing Media Player??? There are Only 3 ways to watch files useing media Player one is watching files on your Hard disk one is watching files from your CD/DVD Drive and the last one is to watch files that are being streamed...I"m just Very Curious???