1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player Version 10 Help - Streaming Video and Audio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Cosmo1111, May 1, 2005.

1. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

I have never been able to get streaming video or audio. Whenever im on the net and click on a link (for streaming video) like on www.cdnow.com I get the same message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet. If the file is located a removable storage card, insert the storage card."

Im on the net. I got broadband.

This is how far I get before not knowing what Im doing

Windows Media Player
    -Tools
    -Options
    -Network

Thats the streaming video configuration.
    "Select the protocols to use to receive streaming media:
    Multicast (tick in box)
    UDP (tick in box)
    TCP (tick in box)
    HTTP(tick in box)

Use Ports (i just tonight put tick in box to see if it would fix it..the port is 7000-7007, maybe I should change the port)

im just desperate..I even tryed downloading version 7 but it didnt work with error message "Microsoft would like to inform you that you are a stupid prick. Your system tells us that you already have the latest version installed"

cant uninstall it..

help!

2. bobdirect

bobdirect Member

Here is how I fixed the same problem.

Open media player

Go to "Tools"

Go to "options"

click the Player tab

check "connect to the internet"

good luck

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

also there has been a new security issue in windows media player 10 that the new update won't allow you to connect to the internet and it gives you a error this page doesn't have a vailid certificate while connecting to online video or when connecting to streaming content i had to reinstall media play 10 times before the stupid thing worked right thank you microdork's for another bug filled media player