1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player won't open audio files from internet.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 0icu812, Nov 13, 2007.

1. 0icu812

0icu812 Member

Hi all,

I really need some help here if anyone has the knowledge please advise me as to how to get mp3 links to open in media player. I had to reformat my computer over the past few days and upon doing this I installed my media player and all this other stuff. I went to one of my favorite websited to get a sneak peek at what new music was out and what was about to come out and I got this message from internet explorer asking me if I wanted media player to handle all audio links on the page, well I accidentally clicked no, and now I can't get the files to play period !!! I can get the files to play in winamp by entering the url of the file and it'll open it right up and play it perfectly, but I really would like for media player to handle this by default so I don't have to take these extra steps in winamp. I appoligize in advance for anyone who deems this as a stupid question, but I tried all I could think of and my results are nil.

Thanks,

Jason

2. undine

undine Regular member

You do not say what computer op. sys. you have , but if you have XP, Go to "start > Set program access and defaults" and try these settings.