1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media player wont play files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Amuzinzix, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Amuzinzix

Amuzinzix Member

Hello guys. this is my first time posting here (or anywhere else for that matter) hopping to find here the answer to my problem.

Well... i have this huge problem with windows media player that's almost driving me crazy.
    it all started one day (dont remember when) that i open my music folder and click on the "Play All" button (not actually a button) and waited and waited to hear my songs but it never happened, the player didnt even appear on the screen at all.

so... my cuestion here is... what in the world happen here?
    is there any way to fix this?
    does any of you has any idea of what's going on?

please if you do i'll be greatful and thankful for the rest of my life.

PS. the player actually does play almost every file but i have to double click on them individually to make it happen (One after the other)

there are some files that wont play, like mp4 but thats another history, all i care for this player is to play my mp3's.

i do have two more players like... real player and winamp but the windows media player is the universal player for all files types.

so... i just dont know whats up.
    thank you guys in advance and hope to fix this with your help!!!

=)

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Welcome to the forum world!

I do not have a 'silver bullet' for you. I would try re-installing it. Your app is somehow buggered.

I would also convert all my files to mp3s using a quality converter like poweramp. Almost everything plays mp3s.

Do not rip using meda player. It sucks for that. It is a quick and dirty app best used for quick and dirty jobs.

3. Amuzinzix

Amuzinzix Member

Hey Mez, thanks for the reply.
    i forgot to say that all of my music files are mp3's and the reazon why im so mad is because this is the action that i use everytime (Play All) when im in my music folder. and thats because i like to listen to my files first and then re-arrange all of them in different folders. so thats why i need this feature.
    non of the other players are able to do this. and uh...
    i did reinstall windows media player twice already and everything still the same.

any other suggestions?

thank you so much!!!
    =)

4. kingqc

kingqc Member

hi just can make a m3u playlist that can help do this feature
    just like this

#EXTM3U
    c:\01.mp3
    c:\xxxx.mp3
    d:\song\04_musi.mp3
    d:\song\05_shenmedoukeyi.mp3