1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Media Player won't Play.....

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by truth721, Dec 7, 2006.

1. truth721

truth721 Regular member

my windows media player wont play dvd's anymore. i don't know y but if anyone knows how to fix this please help me out. the codec is missing or something so if anyone knows any way please tell me.

2. bkf

bkf Guest

Right here on the AD site front page in the software section look for the codec lite package and install that. Don't be loading codecs from strange places or you could end up in the virus forum.

3. truth721

truth721 Regular member

do you know any good codecs to view dvds on wmp 11

4. bkf

bkf Guest

No I don't. Im not compelled to download every update microsoft offers because they are mostly bad for the end user as microsoft wants to control what you do. Likley why you lost your DVD thing. Im sure there are some out there but I see alot of people in the virus forum who loaded strange new codecs and spend days trying to clean out their systems. As I don't have and don't plan on WMP 11 I can't help you. Sorry

Your best bet is wait on this thead and see if anybody can point you to some safe codec package for 11.

5. truth721

truth721 Regular member

yea i guess, i mean i tried nvidia purevideo decoder but when i hit play for the dvd to start on the menu using media player 11 my computer would just shut down on me with an error blue screen. so i uninstalled it after i tried another dvd and got the same result.

6. bkf

bkf Guest

The nvidia package has been a great source of problems for many. I read all those logs every day to get up to speed to help people. Im getting better but still not good enough. YET :)

I would try to go back to 10 but im not sure what extra code 11 leaves behind. Reason I won't even consider 11. I have a very long running stable system that does everything I need to do. 1/2 a million file entries in a scan and all of it backed up on DVD's.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  7. truth721

truth721 Regular member

microsoft are like drug dealers, they give u a program then u have to buy something for better results. thats y i dont buy anything from them. i wish they would get there acts together instead of tryin to take over the earth. but i guess thats the price you pay for getting something you want. i dont kno y they cant just introduce things in full instead of bits and bits. well im just goin to have to find a decoder to watch my dvds on WMP, i mean i could be but i dont kno y must've been becuase of k-lite. when i uninstalled it. but now its back on my computer. i see people talkin about intervideo and sonic and what not.

8. bkf

bkf Guest

I love intervideo, It's a great program but you should still be able to make microsoft play as well. Depends on how / form you burned your discs.

9. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i guess but at this point i really dont care. what verison of intervideo do u have?

10. bkf

bkf Guest

Version 5. Newer is not always better

11. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i'll keep searchin but microsoft will be microsoft stubborn old people

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  12. bkf

bkf Guest

The way I look at it I can play any DVD I ever tried. While I could upgrade I don't see any extra fetures worth it that would want me to.
    To many new games they play with new versions. This one is solid. I push one button on the keyboard and it's there asking me which DVD burner I want to play.

13. truth721

truth721 Regular member

cyberlink dvd can play dvds but its so.....how do i put it, not worth using. for one thing it justs go to 16 bit and u have to wait for the computer to settle and then its so annoyin i really dont like it