1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by goodies, Dec 1, 2002.

1. goodies

goodies Guest

Hi, Why doesn't my player view video any more, it will play audio but not video what happened. I downloaded some codecs could that be it. Please help me

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2002
  3. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

4. goodies

goodies Guest

Hi, thanks for a quck reply, I downloaded the divx pro502 along with most of the codecs atthis site http://server01.popupmoney.com/windows/01.php?bigbill&
    its called all codecs but some of them went into my system tray I thank because it doesn't give me the type of codecwhen I look in my share files so I don't know the names of the other 5 codecs. but I notice the page for the downld divx pro 502 say I need direct x 8 fr the file to work so I will get that and see what happens. also isthere a cleanup , because I think I have double of the same file in some cases and it allowe me to download it again some file I were able to see double and deleted some other say if I delete them it may cause system damage, what do I do. ummm it a long question for ya, oh what is BTW ?

5. goodies

goodies Guest

Hi, where can I get directx 8 thats what divxpro 502 needs to run properly your url said it recommended

6. anders-81

anders-81 Member

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

By The Way (BTW), you can run dxdiag in order to find out what version of DirectX you are running. In lamens terms, you need to "click" on the "run" button on your "start menu", and type in "dxdiag.exe" without the "'s.. if this says you have version 8.0 or higher, then you don't need to udpate (however it would stil be recommended if you don't already have the latest version)..

Oh, and did you bother to download this?
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm#download

I highly recommend it.
    ;-)~

8. goodies

goodies Guest

Hey, yes I did download http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm#download

the window media player does wrk now but not with all movies also I heard you can watch the movie as it dowloads is it true and if so how can I do it.
    I know this is not the right area to ask this but maybe you migh know. Is thr a better file sharing program for downloding othr than grokster most of there downloads arefake or internal whic yo know is low quality sound.
    thanks for your help so far you guys really know your sh--t.