1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows media player

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Shiner, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Shiner

Shiner Member

ok i needed to re-install the OS on my parents computer so i took all of my dads music and put it on my second hard drive. Now when i tried to move all the music files back over and let WMP find the files that all went ok, but when i took the second hard drive out and tried to play the music file it said the file wasnt there. But if i went to my music and tried to manually play the file it would open WMP and play it. So basically it will play the songs when the second hard drive is in there but not when it isnt.any help is greatly appreciated

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

A) The problem is that you haven't actually copied your music onto the first HardDrive again..

********or*********

B) You may need to refresh the link between the files in your media player and the files in the directory

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A) -Find the directory in your second hard drive where your music is stored (i.e. 'my music').

-[bold]Copy[/bold] that file (with all your music in) into a place on the first harddrive that you want to store it.
    (this could take a while depending on how many songs you have).

-Then disconnect your second HardDrive, and use WMP to scan through and find your music files again on your first HardDrive.

-Your media player should have all your music back on and playable.

********or*********

B) Delete all your songs from your media player ([bold]without deleting them from 'my computer'[/bold])

-Then just search again and add them all to you media player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

~after that, should be job done.~

-Lethal

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  3. Shiner

Shiner Member

thank you for the help that seemned to work but for some odd reason when i opened up the album lists it had every song in there twice. As long as there playing i dont care