1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Movie Maker grrrr

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by longalien, Apr 17, 2005.

1. longalien

longalien Member

HI! Ive been using movie maker for little short skits and for fun but now that Im trying to make somthing thats only 7 mins long, Its going crazy. Im using a computer built for video editing a sony Vaio. It has the S video, 2 anolog inputs front and rear, even a cable hook up it was made so you could just tape your programs with the comp. Its only a year old probably not even that. The problem is when Im putting the clips in the time line, adding effects, and bla bla bla ,when I play it back it cant do it so well. The comp is fine its not the computer crashing or anything like that its just the movie maker not showing whats on the time line. and if it dose it starts playing it then the picture slows but the audio keeps going and its not like I put Crazy effects all over it. The question really is- Is ther anything I can do to optimize the proform of movie maker? Is ther certin programs in windowsXP that I should shut off? Is there a buffering setting someware I can mess with? Is there anything, anything I can do to make It run better? Thank you all

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get a good NLE, and stop using WMM.

3. longalien

longalien Member

Im sorry whats a NLE? If you mean somthing like adobe premier or another program I dont have alot of cash. Is there somthing eles I could use?