1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows- No Disk Exception Processing Message C0000013 Parameters 7cc31d6c

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by 22RZE, Nov 30, 2007.

1. 22RZE

22RZE Member

Windows- No Disk Exception Processing Message C0000013 Parameters 7cc31d6c, 7cc31d6c, 7cc31d6c in Windows 2000. While trying to resolve this myself, I ran into tons of bad information on the net in the way of how to track down and resolve this issue, but there were a few hints along the way that led me to being able to resolve the issue. Thus far, I was unable to find the fix anywhere on the net, so here it is.

I always receive this exact error when my external HDD is disconnected from the PC, or if I forget to switch it on. It's annoying that it pops up about 20 times, but once the HDD is plugged into the USB port, or powered on, the message stops appearing.

I hope this is helpful. This is not related to spyware, adware, or malicious code. It's due to the fact that I almost always have my external drive powered on. The O/S is looking for that drive, because it expects it to be there. If you have a printer with memory stick readers built in, or use a USB pen drive normally connected to the PC almost all the time, then expect to see these errors if you have not "safely removed" the item first, using the "unplug or eject hardware" console.

If anybody wants to add to this, or come across anything else related to this exact error message, please feel free.

2. QuikDraw

QuikDraw Regular member