1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS NO-DISK

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hicjam, Jul 23, 2007.

1. hicjam

hicjam Member

any ideas on this little gem folks on my new pc I have started getting this window appear ....windows no - disk exception processing
    could it be that an application is dodgy or something any feed back would be welcome thank you

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

3. hicjam

hicjam Member

hi jeffw thank you for your reply...however I went onto another site and them I punched in the same question into google and low and behold both times I read the same sort of reply that this is very common with card readers when I built my 2nd pc I installed a floppy drive with a built in card reader so I disconected the card reader and guess what the problem went away and has not returned I hope this helpfull to other members so thank you for your time

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

The issue more than likely, resides in your BIOS boot up sequence settings. The computer is looking for the boot up files from the card readers since it sees them as "other boot devices".

Set the process to boot from your primary hard drive first, then disable all the other options. Especially "other boot devices".