1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Protection Error

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sonny001, Jan 17, 2004.

1. sonny001

sonny001 Guest

OOPS! The NDIS patch worked fine , however, I now have another problem! System seemed to operate quite well for the day. However, in the evening I shut down the system and whn I booted yo the next day I got a windows protection error screen again. The NDIS problem did not appear, just a 'Windows protection error. You will have to restart your computer'

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Usually a windows protection error is from a bad driver, Windows is trying to find a .vxd file or something and it is not there or corrupt. Try booting to the options screen by hitting F8 right after the BIOS messages finish and you can pick last known good configuration and try that or try to start in safe mode.

3. sonny001

sonny001 Guest

Did some reading since last posting. Now know how to systematically identify where the error is orifinating. In the mean time my frustration got the better of me. I deleted the partition and started over. I have since installed the NDIS patch , loaded video card and display drivers and am in process of loading sound drivers. So far no problems, no 'Windows protection error...' I'll let you know if the dredded black screen (mine comes up black, not blue)arrives with that ugle message again. So far, so good. Thanks for your interest and suggestions.