1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Scammers

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ddp, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

just had a customer call me about this. I told her before but she forgot & let them access her computer till they mentioned her banking info when she remembered about the scam I told her & she hanged up on them. she does do online banking so went to the bank & explained what happened so the bank cancelled all cards & issued new ones plus new pin number(s). going there tomorrow to correct any possible problems that might be in her computer because of this. just to let you know that Microsoft or Apple do not have you phone number as not part of the installation procedure so if somebody calls usually with a east indian accent about your computer operating system has issues then hang up as is a scammer. I've been dealing with these scammers for years as they keep calling me about my windows issues even on a computer never been on the net. they use a phone list so never learn to stop calling me.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

surprised that you have all these "issues"with windows.let me connect remotely to your pc and i will fix them for a reasonable fee.lol.i feel your pain d.once they get your contact info they are on you like ugly on ape.

3. ddp

I play with them sometimes til they swear & hangup.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

That's what I do.. go through all the routine until they get nothing.. even let one have a go at a surplus BSD laptop once .. watched them struggle trying to install some kind of teamviewer shite for windows because.. man in the middle... lmfao..

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I do the same and even take up a notch for cell phone scammers. I get a kick out of wasting the time of unwanted calls offering business loans, because their time is money. I start by asking them if they will give loans to any type of business. I then begin describing to them how I wanted to start a worm farm for the purpose of exporting nightcrawlers to Iraq to sell to Iraqi sports fisherman. At this point you just keep them on the line for as long as possible or until they catch on.

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I just love to screw with these nincompoops.. have been able to keep them on the phone for as many as 30 minutes. lol
    One called my wife the other day and said he was Microsoft and someone was trying to get into her computer.. she carried him on for a little while.. she knows MS don't call anyone about their computer and they were calling on an unlisted private number.. I have an old computer that I will let them into and play with them for as long as I can before they catch on.. LMAO

7. ddp

do they say anything when they caught on?

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Yeah! but I'm not going to repeat it......... LOL

ps355528 likes this.