1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Security Conflictions

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ibjaredu, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Active member

I have Windows XP Pro ed and Windows XP media center editions installed on my PC. All my music is under the media center installation and i would like to access it from my Pro ed. installation. The problem is that when i log onto the media center installation it says it needs to be activated so i click activate now and it says already activated and then logs off. The Encryption in Windows blocks me from accessing my documents from a separate installation, is their any way past this?

any help appreciated :D

sorry about the bad pic but i had to use paint to copy the printscreen

[​IMG]

2. jziman

jziman Guest

I have not found a way to make this work yet. So I just moved all my music out the doc and settings folder to another folder that I have set up outside the documents and settings. I just have mine under the c root in there own folder. I can access it from either OS this way. Let me know if it helps you out.

3. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Active member

I actually thought of trying the same thing and it worked, i had to copy the activation files from the system 32 of Windows PRO to Media Center for it to even let me in safe mode.