1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows start up and shutdown screens

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzymary, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

ok i find on the net some really cool startup screens and shutdown screens . how can i change mine to the ones i found please help

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Server has hiccups !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005
  4. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

is there an easier way i have read it but dont know how to access some stuff please help thank you

5. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

download a program called either WindowsBlinds or TuneUp WinStyler (both shareware) you can search for a free alternative through google...

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Asking around..... am told --- TuneUp WinStyler will change the Logon Screen -- and the skins in XP . None of these will change the Startup or Shutdown screens.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  7. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

yes it does cause i use it...

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You are right -- just checked it myself !

9. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

pretty cool program huh <!>

10. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

ok i downloaded TuneUp WinStyler what do i choose? to change the startup screen in details please

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2005
  11. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Gonna let [bold]Phantom69[/bold] answer you -- He has the program , i just looked at it to see what it could do. .. and then trashed it. --

12. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

As said many times before, we know we're running a Microsoft product, we don't need to see that every time we start our computer:

please help so i can put my own start up sreen

13. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

can anyone help here

14. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

sorry for the delay in helping you, in order to change the startup screen, open the program, in the left hand side of the application window, click :"Boot Screen" under the Windows XP title, then you work in there, by clicking the add (you can use ones you downloaded from the net) or you can click the create new (use a picture file or something)...

hope this helps, this program is very easy to use, you should be able to work out how to use it easily...

15. ozzymary

ozzymary Guest

thank you i got to use the factory shutdown screens.but i couldnt add ones i found on the net maybe it has to be a certain extension????????/