1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows stopped recognzing Verbatim Micro SD 2GB

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by trig33k, Aug 25, 2008.

1. trig33k

trig33k Member

Hi,

I have a Verbatim Micro SD 2GB that I have been using for about 4 months with my M3 DS Real cart with no issues. Last night I attempted to put some new games onto the flash cart and WinXP was having trouble copying files to it. I tried to format but it would get part way through the process and they say that it was unable to complete the required task.

Eventually, windows stopped recognizing the card altogether.

I am currenting using a T-Flash USB 2.0 Card Reader. WinXp will detect the card reader but not the micro sd.

Anyone experience something similiar?

I have a feeling the SD card might be defective but just wanted to run it by you folks before I out and purchase another one.

Thanks,
    Tri

2. woof811

woof811 Regular member

sometimes when a pc cant recognize the memory card there are other options to format the memory card .

try formatting using a mobile phone that used micro sd memory .

also try formatting using a digital camera that uses sd memory .( put the micro memory in a sd adapter )

if those options dont work then im afraid you might have to buy a new memory card .

woof811.

3. trig33k

trig33k Member

Great idea...I'll give that a whirl when I get home this evening.

Thanks

4. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

What about not using the card reader? Do you have an SD/USB adapter for a direct to USB port connection? Is the reader connected to a USB hub or directly to the USB port? Or trying the reader with a different USB port.