1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Advise!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by PDOWNZ, May 13, 2007.

1. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

which version of Windows VIsta is better for a PC that barely meets the requirements:

Windows vista ultimate or other verions

please explain to me which i should get and why thanks your help is much appriciated

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

No matter what version you install...all the features will be available to you. It's the key that activates the features for you to use.

For a machine with the minimum specs, you're going to get less then a minimum experience with it. Even if you wanted to just use Vista Home Basic (recommended in this case), you really should use a machine that's within the middle requirements. Especially when it comes to system memory. 1GB minimum. Windows is a greedy hog, with little to no respect to how it uses memory during it's working hours. 1GB to start, 2GB for a decent experience.

3. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

should i update if I have 768mb of ram?? yea i have 700 because i have 512 in one slot and 256 in another

4. tron4200

tron4200 Member

you should upgrade your memory to at least a gig. i am running home premium with 1 1/2 gigs. vista like memory

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The bare essentials you need to run Vista is 1gig of Ram and a Hard Drive with 15gigs free just for the Vista Operating System.