1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista and XP dual boot error.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by NatmanH, Jan 6, 2008.

1. NatmanH

NatmanH Guest

I setup a dual boot with XP and VISTA on my pre-installed vista laptop using VistaBootPRO 3.3.0 . I cant remember the exact settings i entered but it kinda worked. When i start my laptop, the dual boot menu comes up. there is 3 different menus to choose from -- HP Recovery Center, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. Vista works fine but when i try boot up windows XP it doesnt work. it comes up with a message somethin like "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disk and restart.
    2. Choose your language settings.
    3. Click "Repair your computer"

File: \ntldr

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt."

Vista is installed on C:/ (75 gb) and XP is installed on D:/ (5 gb). The only way to get into XP is to re- install it fully and then it is in XP untill i restart.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

2. WuTang92

WuTang92 Guest

i dual booted vista and XP once before but instead of using VistaBootPRO i configured the master boot record to make Vista's Boot loader run instead of XP's at the startup. If wat your doing doesnt work try this website...

i follwed this and it worked perfectly. hope it helps