1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cmathurin, Apr 19, 2007.

1. cmathurin

cmathurin Guest

Hi guys i have a problem, I just did a clean install of xp but i previously had vista installed the reason i uninstalled was well because my ide controller would not work, i knew it was a driver problem but when i ran beta versions of vista the drivers i downloaded from promise technologies web site worked fine, they werent updated drivers or anything just the regular standard ones for win 2000, windows xp dosent require drivers for this device its atuomatically installed but windows vista requires drivers, i tried 2 driver backup programs to see if i could backup the windows xp drivers to use them in vista but no such luck. is there anything i can do to fix this. i cant access my other 3 ide hard drivers without it, i have 2 dvd burners on my one ide connection and 1 hdd connected via sata but my other 3 drivers are ide and m-boardss a gigabyte ga-965p-s3 :( im really in a bind can anybody help me

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Try going to device manager and having your internet connection activated see if any of the drivers have exclamation marks next to them if they do hit update drive and wait for it to find a driver automatically on line. If you can not find any try Google or even this program.

Everest Home Edition
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Good Luck.