1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows vista shut my computer down to limited use

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by S_Scanlan, May 4, 2007.

1. S_Scanlan

S_Scanlan Member

My little cousin installed Vista on my computer, but didn't tell me I only had 120 days until Vista shut my computer down to limited access... only the internet. So I have been trying to get my computer back on.. I have a lot of work on there I need. I was wondering if there is any way to uninstall Vista and go back to XP... help I really need the work form my PC... and I dont have 400 bucks laying around to get Vista that I am now WOW'd by.. thanks

2. lynandal

lynandal Member

find someone that know what they're doing with computers

then get them to download puppy linux, its a linux operating system that won't touch your existing configuration - it runs entirely from ram, it won't harm windows at all, you just put in the cd and it will load the linux operating system, then use it to copy files to cd, dvd portable hard drive or usb pendrive, then reload the omputer and it will be as if you never ran anything on that computer other than windows! then get someone to format the windows partition, then reinstal windows xp.

but get someone that knows what they;re doing!

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

4. S_Scanlan

S_Scanlan Member

this will work even if Vista is only allowing internet usage? The background is totally black.. no icons so start button nothing... just a box that says pick and option to activate windows..

5. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Linux Live CDs run from the CD drive...they do not require anything from the hard drive.