1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by squewheet, Feb 13, 2008.

1. squewheet

squewheet Member

Im running Windows Vista Ultimate on my Home pc and it run fine most of the time until I notice that the clock in the lower right had side of the taskbar dissappears. Then if I click on the task bar the whole screen will go wacky and a whole bunch of black spots will come up. I know that I can't run ceratin programs on my Home pc cause I don't have a good enough Video Card but I really don't know if that Is my problem with the task bar or not. If anyone has a clue why this is happening and may be able to give me some information on how to fix this then that would be great.

Thanks,

Squewheet

2. squewheet

squewheet Member

any help please. when this happens i have to restart my pc and then i loose everything i was working on.

3. silk42

silk42 Regular member

I don't think that everyone is ignoring you, but we simply don't have an answer. You have a unique problem that I haven't seen before. It very well could be your video card, but that's a guess. I'd recommend making sure all of your drivers are updated and that they support Vista. I'd also make sure that you have enough RAM, as Ultimate is certainly a resource hog.

Do you have any programs that are running in the background such as an anti-virus application? Do you have all of the latest Windows updates installed? You can try installing SP1, but you'll probably have to get it using P2P, unless you're a member of Technet or MSDN (it's suppose to be available today for those members).

4. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Update your drivers.

System specs please..