1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows vista wont recognise my ds lite

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by procter1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. procter1

procter1 Member

just bought my first firecard followed all the instructions clearly plugged it into my laptop via usb an windows gives me a message saying device cant be found, any ideas anyone ....please

2. dailun

dailun Active member

Next time you might try "Vista won't recognize your Firecard" and you might get more responses, since Windows has nothing to do with your NDS Lite.

There is at least one other thread regarding this issue. You might try searching the forum.

3. procter1

procter1 Member

it says usb device not recognised i presumed that meant the ds not the fire card ..have searched the forums and see no reference to unrecognisable usb device or usb device to this computer has malfunctioned

4. dailun

dailun Active member

AFAIK, the Firecard is an poor clone of the G6Real/other fixed memory flashcarts.

The firecard has fixed memory and interfaces to the PC through a USB dongle.

Regardless of what you thought, either the USB dongle is malfunctioning or the Firecard is defective. There is a possibility that Vista needs a driver for the dongle.

The easiest way to check would be to put in someone's PC running XP and see if it's recognized.

Based on what I've seen, it's highly likely that the dongle or the Firecard is defective.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. procter1

procter1 Member

just tried it on a friends pc running xp an the same happens .so defective card then...bahhhhh back to the shop it goes.thanks for the replies looks like im learning the hard way :)