1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by totenkoph, Mar 25, 2007.

1. totenkoph

totenkoph Guest

ok so i got the windows vista on my hdd, and i used a virtual drive to mount it and install it, little did i know you can install a program when your overwriting it at the same time... then someone told me to:

I'm having problems installing it, too. I downloaded the ISO file (twice, once through a regular downoad and again through microsoft's manager) and mounted it to a virtual drive. It goes through the setup just fine, until it gets around 'completeing upgrade' or something, and it restarts, goes up to the loading screen for Vista, then crashes and flashes an error like 'bad_pool_header', then restarts and gets stuck in a loop. Is it because I'm using a mounted image, or is my computer just wonky?

that is because the mounted image will not work as a link chain between higher platform & a lower one

all u have to do is to Create 2 partitions 1 of 5GB and 1 of 15Gb and extract the image to the 5gb partition,
    then run the installation from there then install it to the 15GB patrition.
    this way it will go to the partition for files

can someone help me do this? so far i thik i am suposed to load my service pack 2 xp cd and go into boot mode and create two partions but im still confused can someone please help? thanks!

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

There is a program that makes all these files bootable for you and lets you make a cd but im not sure what its called. (google it) i think its something unattended. but if you can get that then you should be able to do it from there. it walks you through it.

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

There is a program that makes all these files bootable for you and lets you make a cd but im not sure what its called. (google it) i think its something unattended. but if you can get that then you should be able to do it from there. it walks you through it.