1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows "vpn" features

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hk2npck, Sep 26, 2004.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I am trying to get the windows xp VPN feature working...I added a new connection "allow incomming connection." peopel can connect, but i can not accesss their network, and vice versa. Whats the problem? if you cant use the xp vpn feature, then what other free solutions are there? thanks...

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You need to get the remote server to accept your authentication -- you have given your permission to others to connect to you -- NOW those remote access server must accept you.

VPN (Virtual Private Network) is not to be confused with RA (Remote Assistance) where you can have a friend access your computer to help sorting out problems.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
  3. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

they did. heres what I did. I, the server, went to the "add new connection" thing, and added, "allow incoming connections," then i set it to the username of the client connection, then set a password. After that, i told the client to connect to my IP. After he connects, I see "one client connected" under my connections. ok...we were connected...what happens now?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Asus P4P800
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4C (OC'ed to 3GHZ [250FSB])
    512 GB (2x256) Corsair XMS DDR PC3200 (DDR 400) (Dual Channel config of course...)
    [crappy HDD]
    ATI Radeon 9600
    TDK 420N DVD+R(W) BURNER[/small]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest