1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows won't recognize Blu Ray player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Deathbot, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Deathbot

Deathbot Member

Greetings All,

I recently installed a Lite On Blu Ray player in my tower (model DH-401S08C) and, at first, Windows would not recognize it (no icon, nothing), but the Power DVD software that came with it still found the disc and played it, beautifully I might add.

Confused, I checked the website and updated the firmware and switched the sata ports (just to give my PC a fresh perspective). Windows recognized it as a DVD drive. Great. I put a blu ray disc in the player and then windows recognized it as a CD drive. Regardless, all this means that, at this point, I can't use it with any other applications other than to play movies with this one software.

Any thoughts on how to get windows to recognize my drive properly. I heard that MS was in denial that blu ray existed, but there must be a way simply because there is third party software that searches for blu ray drives.

Thanks,
    deathbot

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm not certain as to the exact nature of your problem but one that crops up regularly is HDCP ready. Download a copy of AnyDVD (it has a 21 day trial period) and see if that resolves the issue.

3. AXT

AXT Guest

If it's windows vista just install SP1.