1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xp activation help plz help me

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mc22hc, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

When ever i try and activate windows xp it says your product has already been activated then click ok to exit the screen. So now its come to it where i cant use my desktop pc now and am in urgent help. Whenevr i try and log in now the 30 days is over and it says activation is ok and logs me back out again saying i need to activate it. Please help is there a way around this without rebooting the pc because i have family photos on there.

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I did that for my sister had to do a reinstallation of her hard drive on to another motherboard cause her's died. You need to call Microsoft and tell them you are doing a reinstallation and they will ask you if this is the only computer this version of wibdows is on and you say yes and then the person will get you to change the key and then he will give you the confirmation code. After that you should be fine.

3. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

Ye but i cant get onto my desktop it logs me out,and this way i will loose everything on my harddrive

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

No you won't.
    A repair install is designed to ONLY overwrite your windows files, and leave the rest intact.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Look you have to call Microsoft and get the code off them. Its ok they can help you.

6. benhayden

benhayden Member

If the worst comes to the worst you can click on "Register Online" which will open Internet Explorer. You can then type in "C:\Documents And Settings/Your Name/what ever directory" to get to your photos. I think you can transfer them to a flash drive (Normally F:\.