1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP activation problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jtheod, Mar 26, 2007.

1. jtheod

jtheod Member

I purchased a legit Windows XP CD to install on all of my computers and laptops at home. I got it installed on 2 computers. When I got to my third computer, it loaded, and then I had to go thru an activation screen. When I enter my key, it says I have already used my key the max number of times allowed. Is there anything that I can do about this???

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Yes, buy another license key.
    A normal license key is only valid on !!1!! computer, so now, in all probability, your key is no longer valid due to you using it for several installs.
    contact Microsoft, explain your mistake, and see what can be done.
    And do yourself a favor, next time, when you get software with a LICENSE AGREEMENT, read that BEFORE you install.

3. jtheod

jtheod Member

So if I would have read the documentation, I could have installed it on my other computers???

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

No, if you had done that, you'd have realised that you need to pay for a license for EACH COMPUTER YOU INSTALL IT ON.

5. jtheod

jtheod Member

Then that BULLSHIT "do yourself a favor" line was uncalled for. I asked a damn question!! Does your smart ass read every agreement for everythng you buy.....NO.....NO-ONE DOES. Save the bullshit and answer the question "SENIOR MEMBER"...I can see why they don't want you to be a mod!!!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

fiend is only pointing out what would for most people be common sense,it seems you have none [Quote Red ] from that 70's show "DUMBASS" [end Quote] LMAO

PS: UNSUBSRCIBED..lol...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

No one does ? really ?
    I wonder how it happened then that i knew it, scorpNZ knew it, and most folks here that have answered similar questions knew that...
    So... No one does ?
    Besides, i ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ALREADY. retard.
    Btw, it took you a MONTH to come up with that reply ?
    Mine only took two minutes each time.
    Oh and for the record, i wouldn't even want to be a moderator, because i'd die laughing, kicking gutless "i'm only tough on the internet" morons like you off the site.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

for my own amusement:
    [​IMG]