1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Boot Screen Changing ?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by khanjee, Mar 26, 2009.

1. khanjee

khanjee Guest

Hi all fellows,
    I want to modify my “Windows XP Boot Screen”
    But
    Want a modification in my uninstalled source. ? (Which is save in my hard drive)
    Not after installing the windows.
    Can I do this?
    Because I saw may windows saying pirate addition, etc. if they can do then why I can’t?

Please help me in this way.
    Always regards
    Waiting

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

dude can you please explain what you are trying to do in a little bit better english? there are free programs out there that will automatically change your boot screen image to whatever you want...try googling for them

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ahoy ye matey, shiver me timbers, have ye plundered something from the mighty Captain Bill have we? You know that he will dispatch a fast cutter to shanghai yer butt, keel haul you then force you to watch Barney videos in the bilge until you claw yer eyes out eh?
    We can't help you get rid of the pirated version of windows screen, but I think you can buy a copy on Fleabay or in a brick and mortar store somewhere.

4. khanjee

khanjee Guest

This is what i want,

In the market available some version , like Pirates edition, Black edition etc.
    when u install those, they shows above names (which i mentioned) at Boot screen, we have no need to change them this is already done with windows.

Now i want to change this thing in my uninstalled source, when ever i installed the windows in my pc or other pc no need to change every time boot screen. ?
    I hope i convey which i think.
    (Apology for any inconvenience about language/vocabulary)

always regards
    waiting.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

i have never heard of pirates edition or black edition of windows xp. there's only two I know of...XP Home and XP Pro. what are these two other version you are referring to?

6. vballstud

vballstud Guest

What you want is a program to change your boot.ini file. There are no versions of Windows like that. It's just that they have used programs to hack the boot.ini. No, I won't tell you how to do it. You can use Google like I did.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

He is referring to hacked/pirated versions of Windows XP available from who knows where loaded with all sorts of Zombieware. Many of these "alternative" versions of windows have added features, like backdoors and the likes. Install at your own risk. I'm done with this one.

8. varnull

varnull Guest

borg edition v5 .. backdoor trojan loads to ram when the music plays :lol:

what this guy is after can be found using the magic word "belchfire"

9. zulo1

zulo1 Regular member

He is not referring to a pirated version of windows xp what he is saying is that he has seen boot screens that say windows xp pirated edition. HERE is a good place to start if you want a safe way to change the screen quickly and easily.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Here's some examples ~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

My Apologies,
    Creaky, you are the Man!

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah creaky thats what i was guessing he meant...

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if the above pics are real examples of boot screens, they're just out of my shoutbox; i collected those for posts where people ask for pirated software, my subtle hint at telling them to bugger off :)
    I experimented with different boot screens more years ago than i care to remember, it's pointless these days as i hibernate most of my machines thus i very rarely even see the boot screen. These days i just choose different boot screens/dashboards on my old xboxes.

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Yeah, they are real, put one on the kids computer. You can even design your own GUI for windows if you have the inclination.