1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Home Download

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by svsi, May 4, 2011.

1. svsi

svsi Member

Hi,

I have a laptop which requires Windows XP Home reinstalled, unfortunately the laptop didnt come with an XP disk.

Can anyone advise where i can download XP Home Edition so i can perform a new install? Also if anyone can tell me where to get this with product key or keys for multiple installs that would be great, i have my product key on my laptop but i need to reinstall on another system which doesnt.

Thanks in advance.

2. lupine25

lupine25 Member

Sorry that would be incredibly illegal if you download and/or use a product key that you did not pay for. If you don't have a key, the only option is to go out and buy a copy of Windows XP or Windows 7. Or...if your computer has a product key for Windows on the bottom and you know someone who has an **OEM** (not a store bought) disc of Windows XP home, you could install it and type your key from the sticker. If no sticker then sorry...more bucks to Microsoft! :)

3. deltas

deltas Member

If you know of anyone with windows xp home edition oem copy install it and then you can use your key on the underneath of yur laptop to validate the installation, if not buy a copy from amazon.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

use laptops recovery partition to reinstall windows as for other issue not a smart move as your key will get flagged as soon as it's had a 2nd activation on dissimilar hardware within a certain time period,you'll find you may get your key disqualified then you'll have no xp license,if money is an issue use linux there's one that sorta mimics xp can't recall it's name at the mo

http://wwww.distrowatch.com/

unsubbed