1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Home Remote Control

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by AMKLZ, Nov 26, 2007.

1. AMKLZ

AMKLZ Member

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if you folks have a recommended IR remote control for a PC running Win XP home. I have my CPU hooked up via VGA to a high-def LCD HDTV, and I need something that can be used to control video playback via WM player or Nero Showtime. I have an awesome Logitech universal learning remote, so I don't really care so much about the quality of the actual remote, but rather the receiver unit and the included software.

It's a royal pain in the rear to drag out my wireless keyboard and/or mouse to play or pause a video player.

Thanks in advance.

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Usually remotes come with software or hardware.

You could get a Media Centre remote. I know it works with windows media player as well as media centre. If you really like watching movies on your tv from the computer and don't like vista you might want to look into Windows Media Centre which is basically windows XP Professional with the media centre component.

I think Logitech has some nice mice for media player functionality with a good range.

3. AMKLZ

AMKLZ Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was beginning to lose hope in the AfterDawn "support staff". Will have to check into Logitech.