1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP [i]and[/i] Win95?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sawbg, Jun 17, 2007.

1. sawbg

sawbg Member

OK, I want to be able to use all my old Win95 programs and run Win95 again without having to buy a new computer. I've heard you can create a spearate partion for this, but how? and how would I start Win95?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

How to create a multiple-boot system in Windows XP

SUMMARY
    This article explains how to set up Windows XP as a multiple-boot system with the following operating systems:
    • Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, and Microsoft Windows NT 3.51
    • Microsoft Windows 95 Operating System Release 2 (OSR2), Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
    • MS-DOS or Microsoft Windows 3.x
    You can install more than one operating system on your computer and choose which operating system you want to use every time you start your computer. This is often called a dual-boot or multiple-boot configuration (see the glossary at the end of this article for definitions of unfamiliar terminology).

GO HERE TO READ MORE
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

3. sawbg

sawbg Member

THX, but what does this stuff about reinstalling Win XP and losing all my data mean?

Install the multiple operating systems into separate volumes, in the following order: MS-DOS; Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me; and then Windows XP.
    3. Do one of the following:
    • If you want a multiple-boot system with MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me along with Windows XP, install MS-DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me, and then install Windows XP.

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

WOW people still use Windows 95...........

5. sawbg

sawbg Member

I'm very "sintimental." I grew up with Win95, and I have old programs that can't run with this stupid SP2 for Win XP.