1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP installation loop.....please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jestah57, Sep 8, 2007.

1. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

Im trying to reinstall WIndows XP onto my HDD and im stuck in a loop. I do not know whther its my motherboard or my HDD or what....

I can get all the way to the part where you chose the partition to install on, first it gives me the "the partition is either full, damaged or formatted differently..." so i format it to NTSF then it copies all the files on and goes to restart (Where setup is supposed to continue)

Here is where the loop begins...

It boots the CD again without me touching anything, and goes through the whole process again...

If i take the CD out, it tells me i get a disk read error, and ctrl-alt-del to restart.

Even if i change the boot sequence in the BIOS, it either loops from the mobo logo screen, or gives me the read disk error...with or without the CD in there...

Im working with an MSI K9MM-V mobo and a Seagate SATA 320GB HDD

anyone seen this before?...please help me if ya did!

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey, if you haven't already given up you can start by running a diagnostic on the drive.........go to the seagate site and you will find one there...

3. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

thanks dude, but i got it working, just switched the ports the SATA was plugged into and BAM...I shoulda updated the thread, but noone replied in so long I had given up...

Now if i can just get it to read my IDE HDD, im all G...

thanks anyway though...