1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows xp just wont stop harrassing me!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Xsilver, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

I have not got nothing against Microsoft and plans for world domination but i wish they would just stop with the bubbles, warning and crap.

Tune on my computer and everytime pop up bubble. "theres a problem with your firewall" NO! it is not a problem i just dont use it.

Bubble pop up "Windows automatic update is not turned on" I KNOW! I dont want it on, i like to choose when i update on my own.

Open IE 7 does it take me to my homepage. NO! because i like to use opera now and again it asks "would i like to make IE7 my default explorer" You know what i dont care which one is the default. Just fight it out in the back ground and leave me out of it.

Pop up "The phishing filter is not turned no would you like to turn it on now" STOP IT NOW.

All these messages may be good for people that are new to PC but i dont want to know and when you click no it just pops up the next time.

Ahhhhhhhhh i feel a bit better now.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Why don't you just tell firewall,anti-virus, and automatic updates not to remind you?

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Pretty easy to stop it, as Geestar said. Plus, if you don't want to get the annoying pop ups, why did you install IE 7? You will find that it will foul up most any program that embeds the browser, namely some video editing programs.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yo geestar! haven't seen you in a while! I've been busy too, havent been around alot lately either...what you been up to buddy?

yeah ditch windows firewall and use zonealarm, or if you have a good router they usually have firewalls built in so you protection there as well.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

hey scoop, nice to see you again! I've been here and there floating around...same as usual.

Busted one of my stylus and the damn thing costed me $70 bucks...oohhh I was and still am sooo pissed. Im not used to paying for it so I guess I was spoiled.

Just incase some of you don't know what a stylus is, here is a pic of what I orderd. (the yellow peace)

[​IMG]

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

That's a Discmaster II, right? I'm still use Discmasters. Got a whole ton of em a few years back.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  7. jorahan

jorahan Guest

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

geestar20 ,what turntables are you using .

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Xsilver

below is how you shut off the pop-ups for the security center...(Go to Control Panel)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how you shut off Automatic Updates... (Go to Control Panel)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least it gets rid of some of the pop-ups.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@ aabbccdd

The one and only Technics 1200's MK2 (black finish)

11. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Got the silvers because that's what I've always used and they've been making them since the stone age that way. But as longas I have 1200's I don't care...:)

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

thats what a had to when i was running my "Moblie DJ and Lighting Service" great Turntables

13. ozzy214

ozzy214 Regular member

All you have to do is punch in services.msc in the run box and disbale the security center

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

mobile dj service? pretty sweet, man. any momentos to show us? maybe on a new thread?

15. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

No doubt they are the best!

This is my setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sweet as honey, mahn.

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i used two Technics 1200s two dvd players a peavy mixing board Halfer 500 watt amp. EV speakers with an 15 inch sub with BBE ,14 Pin Lights ,Fog Machine ,2 Strobes lights etc. it was a very cool setup. did it for 10 plus years

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sweet. think you'd ever come out of retirement for anything?

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Nah, i did it from about 1985 to 1996 when i was younger the music has changed alot since then and i am to out of touch with the new (pop,dance etc.) music to do it anymore. BUT i could still do the occasionally "Wedding Reception" or "Class Reunion" if needed. it was a great time in my life and i had a blast doing it. setting up the system and lights ,play music ,drinking all night watching great looking girls dance and having a good time and then getting payed great money at the end of the night.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2006
  20. jorahan

jorahan Guest

Arizona MAN! Tucson Is where I wanna be laalalalalalal...