1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP MCE not recognizing Sony Dig 8 Camcorder TRV260

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by tommich, Dec 13, 2008.

1. tommich

tommich Member

When I hook up my Camcorder to my PC via USB Cable (Camcorder says USB Straming) and/or Firewire, the software which came with the Camcorder Picture Package ver 1.0) imports the Video onto my PC. However, Windows XP does detect it as Hardware, but does not assign it a drive.

For example, when I plug in my Still Camera, it will show up in "MY COMPUTER" as G: Sony Memeory Device. With my camcorder, even though WIndows detects it, no Drive is assigned. I want to edit it using Pinnacle Studio 9.1.0.429 but it appears Studio is searching my Drives (C, D, E, etc) for a Camcorder but not finding it.

The fact that I can actually get the Videos from my Camcorder onto my PC gives me hope, but I'm not sure if I can do what I'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. wrahn

wrahn Member

Try the program winDV to capture using a firewire or Studio 9 using the firewire. Both should work aslong as you use a firewire. USB is just not up to capturing digital video.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If your video camera records to miniDV tapes, you need to connect it, to your computer, via a firewire cable.

If, when connected via USB, your computer may recognize it as a webcam, and even if you can capture the video, the quality will be poor.

Connecting via USB is for getting pictures, from your camcorder, to your PC.