1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTER EDITION

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by FiveIron, Dec 12, 2005.

1. FiveIron

FiveIron Member

i installed windows xp media center edition 2005 on my other computer, and it wasn't used for a while. i forgot about the activation, so the time expired and now the computer is locked. it will not start up, it asks for immediate activation with microsoft; by internet or phone. I tried going into the bios and setting the date back; didnt work. i also tried running in safe mode and then running system restore; also didnt work. i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i really dont want to have to reformat again.
    thx

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

EDIT....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

try safe mode boot it will boot right into the os without the stupid product activation thingy popping up

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

you cant go on using safe mode forever though. for a start none of the media center extensions work, you cant change the screen resolution to an acceptable level and its a pain havin to keep pressing f8 every time you want to use your computer.

ive got what you need to sort it out so you can use your comp normally without having to reinstall or keep using safe mode. pm me with your email addy and ill send you what you need