1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP Pro vs Windows Media Center 2005

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by CWBYUP, Sep 12, 2005.

1. CWBYUP

CWBYUP Member

I'm looking for opinions. Does Windows Media Center 2005 have any advantage over Windows XP Pro?

I primarily use my computer to convert my VHS tapes to DVD and am considering getting another computer with more capacity to do the VHS to DVD thing easier.

The software I'm currently using is Cyberlink's PowerDirector4 and am not totally happy with it - too many lock-ups and crashes. I need to reboot, soft and hard boot, too often. I like the editing features of PowerDirector, but I don't like the instability.

Will Windows XP Pro or Windows Media Center 2005 do a better job for me?

CWBYUP

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

sounds like you need to search for a better capture/editing software, not an OS. Unless there is something wrong with it, XP Pro will work fine. Don't know what your budget is, but if you want the best quality possibly, you might want to go with a full blown professional editing system. You can get Adobe Premiere Pro, which can export directly to DVD for a few hundred bucks.

3. palidin

palidin Member

or dl it somehwre....i wouldnt know where lol