1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows xp reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by phazeon, Dec 28, 2006.

1. phazeon

phazeon Member

I've been trying to reinstall windows xp on my comoputer for some time now. Currently I'm running a vista demo, but it wont let me do it from there because it says that its the newest version available. When I try to boot it from the disc at starup it reads it then it gives me the following message: Hit F1 to retry, or hit F2 to enter setup. When I hit F1 it just repeats the message over and over.I've also tried to go into the partition untility but it wont allow me it automatically starts windows when I choose that option. I would really apreciate it if some one could help me out.

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

3. UNDERDAWG

UNDERDAWG Guest

i am trying to find out how to hack into pc's but i can not find anyone who knows 2. Nor a site that can tell me. could u guys help me out by giving me a tutorail or some site that can thanks. (oh sorry if i am using this thread for the question but it is the only one that talks about xp thanks

4. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

And how old are you? I can't wait untill The Fiend sees this. Do you think there is just 1 way to "hack" into a PC anyway. And if anyone is the least bit intelligent why would they tell your the process(s) to take over a PC. I can't wait untill someone you ask to help gives you wrong directions(On purpose) And you get caught seeing as you know nothingabout hacking or protection.

5. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

end of hacking discussion here, i leave those messages as unedited but let's keep on topic and stop that offtopic discussion now.

UNDERDAWG got 1 week holiday for this and because of another ALL CAPS thread

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@UNDERDAWG
    If you want to ask a new question start a new thread. If the question is about hacking start it on somebody else's forum. We don't allow it here.

Edit: Guess Jannejt beat me to the punch.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  7. bkf

bkf Guest

Back on topic To the OP. (orginal poster) We just had a thread like this with the same problem. We were trying to get him to format the drive. He said he fixed it but never came back to tell us what he did. (I wish everybody would share) Your hard drive manufacture likley has a formatter that you can download and try that. Another thought, put the drive in another machine as a slave and let somebody elses os format the drive but try the manufacture site first. The key is to blow away the MBR. (master boot record) The first 64 bytes of the disk.

BTW: What happens when you hit F2 enter setup?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2006
  8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Edit: Misunderstood bkfs reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2006
  9. phazeon

phazeon Member

Yes when i hit the F2 button it takes me to the setup I appreciate the aadvice so far from everybody and I will keep every body posted on the issue

10. phazeon

phazeon Member

rav009 (Senior Member) 28. December 2006 @ 15:32
    thats what ive been trying to do so that tiip didnt work

11. bkf

bkf Guest

If you can get XP setup to work then you can format the drive from there. Yes please do keep us informed of your progess. I helps everybody here.

12. phazeon

phazeon Member

Maybe I did'nt make the problem clear but Ive already tried all of the things said here. Currently working on the current best idea will inform soon.

13. phazeon

phazeon Member

TO keep all of those who are interested up to date the most current thing that I have tried to do was use a program by westerndigital to try and erase it but it didnt work as it is the only partition. Then i tried a partitioning program and it didnt work either. I am really pulling my hair out on this one. Surely someone out there knows of a process, utility, or any kind of software that will not take no for an answer on this. PLease advise.

14. bkf

bkf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2007
  15. phazeon

phazeon Member

Thats great advice unfortunately I have already tried that and still nothing. It seems to me that people don't get the problem so I will repeat it in full detail as to what happened. I installed vista build
    6000. Now I want to completely reformat my drive back to xp. So I put the installation cd in the disc drive and rreatarted it. Upon restart it tried booting from the disc but did not work. I also made a boot disk for xp but did not work either. It again tried to read but jumped to vista. Then I went into the boot menu. I then requested to read from the cd rom. When I do this an error occurs. It says to retry hit F1 or enter setup by pressing F12. When i hit the F1 key it gives me the same message: Try again hit F1 to retry or F12 for setup, and every time i hit F1 it repeats the message . So then i tried to partion it using acronis disk director, I went through all the procedures it asked and then went for it. To complete the operation the pc must restart. Upon restarting it looks like its going to work but wait a min, POW a great bluescreenofdeath appears. Its to quick to reead it all, then it goes back to vista. and there you have it have tried evrything. Today will be my last day on if the evaluation copy does what it says it was going to do and stop working. The only other solution that i will have will be to insert another hd if it also doesnt work thn the prob will eithere be the board a connection or the cd rom but I douibt it. Thanks for all your help and keep posting ideas aor thoughts.

16. bkf

bkf Guest

I understand what you are trying to do but don't see why vista would prevent you from reading the XP disc unless the XP disc went physically bad. I assume you have a full install XP disc and not just an upgrade disc. Perhaps vista expiring in a day is not such a bad thing and will release it's hold on your system. If their software left you with a dead un usuable drive I would think they would be it hot water with many people. The only 2 things I can think of is format it in somebody else's computer as a slave drive or put it in a windows 95 / 98 computer and Fdisk it but not format it. Another angle which I don't know is making a Bart PE disk that only loads in memory (i think) After I read that link I provided and all it's sub links Everybody seems to have come up with a way to blast vista to Hell. I just looked at the autorun.inf file on my xp disk and it only points to the setup icon and the setup program. If you explore the disk there is a tools folder with a setup of it's own. Im not sure if there is anything it would load that would be helpfull. If this is the way their new operating system works and they way they treat people I sure won't be touching it. I have plum run out of ideas. Im sorry. I spent hours on this. Keep us informed.

17. UNDERDAWG

UNDERDAWG Guest

*edit by Jannejt*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  18. bkf

bkf Guest

Note to mods: After you give him the boot can you delete his last post so that we can continue helping the orginal poster. Really not something I want to read.

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

*Reports & waits for the ban*

20. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member