1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XP SP2

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by RedAnt, Aug 12, 2004.

1. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

That is the Network Edition for IT Professionals and Developers.

As stated on the Microsoft Site..
    This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network.

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update. To receive this download, turn on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP to receive an optimized download of SP2.

SP2 will be avaiable on windows update in a week or so.

Regards
    CoZZa

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Thanks for the heads up :)

4. Xian

Xian Regular member

It's the Network Edition for IT Professionals and Developers but it is still well worth getting if you don't want to wait. The network version just means that you can download it as a single file and install it from there instead of having to go through Windows Update. That's more handy for me anyway. If I have to rebuild my computer I will already have it and won't have to download it again after reinstalling XP. Also since my wife and kid both have a computer running XP I only have to download it the one time instead of having all 3 pcs download it from Windows Update. The version from Windows Update, when they post it later, might be a little smaller than the Network version, but I just look at it like I am getting the full version, not just a piece. I prefer having the files local. I do the same with all my updates, DirectX, or whatever. Download the full thing instead of the little installer stub that requires you to download more during install.

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Yes that is true Xian, but i think the main reason why they dont want everyone downloading that is, 1 they wont need to download something that large (280mb) for updating one comptuer and dont want everyone getting that at the same time like the other service pack will be.

If you have more then one computer, yeah get it, but if you only have one, your just wasting your time downloading that.

Regards
    CoZZa