1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDv can't find DV output pin on camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Kurt.be, May 4, 2009.

1. Kurt.be

Kurt.be Member

Meykabe, try the repair function in XP, go back to before you tried to connect with WinDV. Or even a little more if you have sufficient dates to choose from. Then XP might work again with the USB connection. Forget about WinDV for the time being, it just cannot do the job. Once you get this 'pin' problem: you're stuffed.
    Good luck, Kurt

2. Kurt.be

Kurt.be Member

I tried to convert some tape with Windows Movie Maker, only to find out that it cannot save in DH quality (1080). So, stuffed again, and back to square one.
    Is there anybody who knows af a free program that can copy Digital High Definition tape onto a computer so that the file can be edited?
    Thanks beforehand.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  3. Kurt.be

Kurt.be Member

Hi all,
    After another day of frustrating surfing and hours of reading, I got no further than finding out that DVIO has the same problem as WinDV. DV Capture cannot find the camera, and the trial of AVS Video Recorder cannot synchronise the audio. I suspect DVIO and DV Capture suffer from the same problem as WinDV, making me think it might be a compatibility problem with Vista (all these programs were creacted before 2005 and are not being updated).
    So far there seems nothing available to make a simple back-up of my HD video tapes, except for Windows Movie Maker. In desperation, I altered the *.dvr-ms file created by WMM into *.mpg. Windows Media Player has a problem with it, but VLC mediaplayer happily plays the file.
    If I can feed the file to an editing programm in later years, so as to edit the film, than I am happy and my problem is solved. All I want is a lossless back-up file on harddisk that would be available for editing in the future without quality loss.

I would love some feed-back on the matter, please.

Greets, Kurt

4. Cluetrekk

Cluetrekk Member

Hi
    I have been haveing exactly the same problem with my Sony TRV38. The only software that has been able to recognize the camera is Sony Vegas, specifically the vidcap60.exe program within that software.
    I have tried to connect through Adobe premiere, WinDV, Pinnacle, and HDsplit.
    Good luck. If you get it working through the other programs please let me know.
    Cheers,
    Cluetrekk

5. Kurt.be

Kurt.be Member

Well, so far no change. I have not yet found software to do the job.
    Therefore: one more try:
    Is there anybody who knows af a free program that can copy Digital High Definition tape onto a computer so that the file can be edited?

Thanks if you do and let me know...
    Kurt.

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Take a look at your other thread! Everything isn't free.