1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD Creator 2 - Problems with DVD playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by BIGsexy, Jan 8, 2005.

1. BIGsexy

BIGsexy Member

Any input would help. I am trying to burn a movie that is in widescreen format. In the preview screen it looks fine but when I burn the DVD it squashes the picture. Everything functions alright just that the picture is squashed. Any ideas out there?

2. ballboff

ballboff Member

There is a little program called virtual dub, you can resize the frame and then it puts black lines at the top and bottom and the ratio can then be correct. I can give you more info about how to do this if you need it, but it's already been discussed on this forum somewhere before. So to save me some more typing, have a search and see what you come up with. Give you a clue, it's in the filters, on the video menu (resize).

3. eastmav

eastmav Member

I've been experiencing the exact same problem, only it wasn't a problem like 2 days ago... I'm sure that virtual dub, or tempgenc has something it can do to filter video, but I'm sure that there's a simpler solution, like a codec or something.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem that might be able to help us out? Please.

4. BIGsexy

BIGsexy Member

I downloaded Virtualdub but I am totally a newbie at this stuff and I am not sure I am using this program correctly. I had to download a codec program to be able to play the video file in Virtualdub. I found the resizing filter to make the picture larger. I think this works as I hoped. The problem that I run into is that the sound is off now. A message pops up that the audio will be out of sync by up to 33151 ms. It says to decompress the audio stream to a WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. I don't know what that means. The file that I am trying to fix is in Xvid and is playable on window media player. Can someone put this in newbie terms for me?

5. eastmav

eastmav Member

The best suggestion I can offer you is to check with the folks at "Digital Video Forums". I have seen that issue come up a thousand times, and some of the folks there seem to know what they're doing... Setarip seems to be particularly on top of things...

Check this link: http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php?s=8d376686e8b3873e6608cecc41a70e75

You should be able to find your answers here.

6. BIGsexy

BIGsexy Member

Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated.