1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD Creator - error message

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by thedon78, Oct 24, 2004.

1. jamessan

jamessan Member

Thanks for the tip weiner, will try doing what you did, seems easy enough. Have edited the first batch, will record on dvd once completed. regards

2. weiner

weiner Member

Glad to spare anyone the frustrations I had. Hope it works for you. I've since burned 5 more of the same movie to give to sisters and brothers. Worked like a charm everytime. Let me know how you do.

3. budberner

budberner Guest

I am surprised to hear the troubles you've all had with windvd creator I've used it alot But I have to admit some for slideshow/audio clips mostly for dvds from video capture I have used widows movie maker, then to windvd for slide show movie maker crashed while dragging/dropping/affects... try rebooting after all the work is put together and it seems the program is less taxed a will work?? I know it's a bummer, if it's advertised to do it, it should try ulead or pro show gold

4. Yebo

Yebo Member

Please Help! Got the Same Problem: Tryed everything suggested in this thread + should have sufficient RAM (512 DDR). Have scanned and defragged - uninstalled and re-installed the Win DVD Creator etc. When trying Weiner's solution: When in "Make Movie"-Mode, the Button: "Load content from hard disk to burn" is not even activated/highlighted to be used! Must I spend $80,- for Nero6?? Hope,somebody has another solution! Thanks a lot! Thanks to everyone, that contributed to this helpful Thread!

5. ted535

ted535 Member

I have resolved this problem on my PC.
    I choose to select 'By Time' and enter the 'Break time' as 0:02:00:00 (2 minute frames) and never exceed 70 of these frames for a 2 hour DVD burn.
    WinDVD does not seem to be able to cope with that critical area between a number of frames of questionable acceptability and an obviously excessive number - which quite rightly gets rejected prior to burning. (Hope that makes sense!)
    Hope that helps.
    ted535

6. falcon048

falcon048 Member

I am having the same problem!!! ted535, where are you selecting "By Time" and entering the "Break Time." I'm probably just overlooking it and it's staring me in the face. Is it within WinDVD Creator? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

7. ted535

ted535 Member

Select EDIT/highlight one of the stills/click on top RH button(show video scenes)/click on BY TIME/set break time to 0:02:00:00/GO
    Your scenes will appear at 2minute intervals/highlight no more than 70 scenes and drag them to the blanks below. (This last action may have to be done in stages as there is a maximum number you can select at any one time).
    Hope that helps.
    ted535
    Sorry about delay in replying, I have been away.