1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windvd creator problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tommy50, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tommy50

tommy50 Member

when i use windvd to create a dvd i am finding that the dvds are coming out "really widescreen" i.e they only take up a quarter of the screen. does anyone know how to alter this and make the picture near to fullscreen as possible as these are impossible to watch on a tv as they are too small.

2. jubbjubb1

jubbjubb1 Member

Howdy- From all I can glean, this program has all the quality you'd expect from something that comes free w/ purchase. I have the same problem you do. I'm still working on all the combo's and permutations on settings I can come up with to see if something will fix the problem, but no luck thus far & I've gone thru a spindle of DVD's trying. I do have a work around suggestion that has allowed me to at least enjoy movies I have downloaded enough to know whether or not to but the real DVD... I picked up a big wide-screen TV with a zoom feature. Now some will say that spending a few grand to preview a movie is idiocy, but then again given how many hours I've wasted on WinDVD Creator, how smart could I possibly be? The real answer I think is that we need to spend some money or find a free download of a better application.
    -BHC

3. Falconer

Falconer Member

Hey hope this reply finds some use. Ok with the videos turning out really widescreen is to do with how the video has been encoded.

I am a film student and whenever I import my own created videos such as drama etc from MiniDV they come out perfect. Often a lot of downloaded videos come out perfectly too, as in full screen.

However, if something has been encoded one way, I think sometimes if it's a certain type of .mpg then it is stretched badly to widescreen and it's tiny viewing space.

It's not WinDVD creator, just it can't handle these dodgey video files, as other programs do the same sorta thing. WinDVD is a decentish program for free but it's not amazingly versatile. I still haven't figured out how to import multiple video files and split each one into scenes so I can have a selection to choose which video and go through the scenes for each one...