1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD creator upgrade video capture issue

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by cptransom, Apr 11, 2005.

1. cptransom

cptransom Guest

I'm new here so forgive me if I am out of place. I bought a new HP m1270N multi media center which had a free version of InterVideo WinDVD Creator installed. It work great, but did not support some formats I wanted to import, so I upgraded to WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum after the upgrade the program crashes everytime I try go to video capture. I get an error and then a message about could not write memory.
    Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here> SO fare intervideo has ignored me.
    Thanks cptransom

2. pfh

pfh Guest

You should provide some more info.
    What are you trying to import? Could be a number of different reasons causing you problems.
    Waht's your capture card?
    It worked before but didn't support some formats? Maybe it won't ever support them? Codec's not installed?

3. digigamer

digigamer Member

I am having the same problem. My program will not allow me to capture any video to the hard drive. I am using an HP with Windows XP Media Edition. I had the silver version of WinDVD creator and it captured television perfectly. Now that I have upgraded to WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum I can't capture anything. If anyone can help please do.

4. cptransom

cptransom Guest

digigamer
    This is what I learned. Do not use the download file or disk they deliver. Reinstall the original version, then activate it using the product key they provided. They claim it will give you all the features of platinum, though the only change I see is I can import more formats.
    Next make sure you are using the right composite port. I also found the original port composite 1 on the back of the box no longer works with WinDVD creator even though I can capture using other software like windows moviemaker on the back port. On my system Composite 2 works today (LOL) with WinDVD creator. I hate this software and I have anxiety every time I use it. Good Luck!!