1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVD is causing my Dell Inspiron 2650 to lock up??

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by FlipsidE, Aug 1, 2003.

1. FlipsidE

FlipsidE Member

The software that came with my Dell Inspiron is causing my computer to lock up after about 10 mins of play (at max...usually sooner). Is there a patch for WindDVD or newer free software I could get my hands on that could fix this problem.

Not only does WinDVD do it, but both RealPlayer One, and MS Windows Media Player are too.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

FlipsidE

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

is this with a platinum copy of WinDVD?? Just curious, this is strange is this dvd playback or anything?

3. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

sounds like it might be an issue with the video card. are you using the onboard graphics card? if windows media player locks up then its not a software compatibility issue it would be more of a hardware issue. what video are you trying to play? have you installed a codec pack?

4. FlipsidE

FlipsidE Member

I'm trying to play Pitch Black, and I have a 16MB GeForce 2 Go Vid card in this notebook.

I'll try installing that codec pack and giving it a shot again.

FlipsidE

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I dont think a codec pack could helkp out much here, actually in my experience codec packs cayse more trouble than anything else!