1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinDVR and Macrovision Protection

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by taclark, Feb 21, 2004.

1. taclark

taclark Guest

I downloaded WinDVR 3.0 and threw a tape in the VCR to try it out. Got a message that recording was stopped because Macrovision was detected. Then I quickly got a notice that my 30 day trial was over. (It had been 10 minutes since being installed.)

I was able to open WinDVR up again and record a home movie for about 15 minutes before getting another notice that my 30 trial had ended. I uninstalled the program.

It seemed that the macrovision offense disabled the program. Would it do the same if I had purchased it?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

No if you Bought the Program the Trial wouldn"t end because there is No trial once you Buy it...But you will keep getting the Macrovision Warnings ,so to stop this would Will have to get a "Video Stabilizer" to defeat the Copy Protection, you can Pick one up for about $30....Cheers

3. taclark

taclark Guest

My SVHS VCR has a built in video stabilizer, but it didn't prevent detection of the Macrovision protection. So I'm thinking you must be talking about a video stabilizer designed for this purpose. Do you know any brand names that I could search for?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

A "Video Stabilizer" is a MacroVision Remover, The One Built into your VCR Might stabilize the Signal But doesn"t remove the Macrovision....If you do an E-bay search you will find them and if you do any Google search you can find them ,There are many different Types but they all basicly do the same thing, I don"t know of any Brand Names but that shouldn"t stop you from Finding one....Cheers